Events that you may find of interest:
- Note to self: wear the T-Rex Stompin’ shirt tomorrow.
- Note to self: if you improbably find yourself in Seattle this weekend, drop by PAX, where one may find Kris Straub doing things, or Wil Wheaton doing things. I’m pretty sure that Mike, Jerry, and Scott doing things, but I haven’t found specific, concise posts by them yet.
- Note to self: if you future-technologically find yourself in Chicago this weekend, drop by Chicon 7/Worldcon, where one may find Howard Tayler doing things or David Malki ! doing things. Again, I’m certain that Los Foglios and Ursula Vernon will be doing things, but not much specificity given by them either.
- Note to self: if you magically find yourself in Atlanta this weekend, drop by Dragon*Con and you know exactly what Jennie Breeden will be doing — blowin’ Old Spice dudes¹ in front of a crowd of screamin’ ladies. Last time, she got a marriage proposal.
- Okay, promised you booze, let’s talk booze. Kristen Siebecker may not be a name that you recognize, but you should; aside from being married to indy comics creator Alex Robinson, she was the one responsible for organizing the first iteration of MoCCA Fest, which was a massive success and became a showcase for webcomickers for years afterwards.
She’s also a fully-qualified sommelier and is starting a new series of wine-appreciation classes, so if you’ve ever wanted to learn exactly what it was you were drinking and why you liked (or didn’t like) it, you could do a hell of a lot worse than checking out her class.
Popping Your Cork: Tips For New Wine Drinkers starts at 6:15pm and runs for an hour and a half or so on Wednesday, 12 September at Simple Studios, 134 West 29th Street (2nd floor) in Manhattan. It’ll set you back twenty bucks, for which you’ll get tasted on three wines, learn some useful stuff, and maybe if this becomes a regular event, it’ll take on a comics-maker overtone.
¹ … who are wearing kilts, with a leafblower.